The UPeU emerges as a product of the educational work of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the world and in Peru. Its origins date back to 1919 when with Harry B. Lundquist, J.M. Howell and Fernando Osorio the Industrial Institute is organized in the Miraflores district of the city of Lima. On June 12, 1944, he changed his name to Colegio Unión, with which prestige was achieved at national and international level, both within and outside the church environment. On 30 April 1969 it became the Union Higher Education Centre (CESU), officializing the higher-ranking studies it had been offering in its classrooms since 1947.
On November 17, 1946, the Ministry of Education authorized the transfer of the Union College to the town of Aña, where it remains today. In 1947 he started the theology program, in 1953 the Program of Secretariat and Accounting (Commercial Accountants). In 1976, the Board of Regents of the General Association of Seventh-day Adventists recognized the higher education offered by accrediting the higher education provided at the institution. In 1979 the Nutrition and Nursing programs began.
“ Develop whole, missionaryand innovative people in order to restore God’s image to the humanbeing.”
“To be a reference for excellence in missionary service and educational and innovative quality in church and society”.